Aloha! Skies and Valleys

I'm reaching way back today and sharing some of my earliest digital photos! These are from a family vacation to Hawaii back in 2008. These would have been taken with my first Canon Powershot. I believe I would have been about 20 years old. This was our second trip to Hawaii where we visited Kauai and Oahu.

Date of trip: June 2008

Fstop 5.6, 1/1500
Hanalei Valley, Kauai
What I like: I like the colors and the range of distances captured here.
What I don't like: I wish the mountains in the back were more clear and less washed out. The furthest mountains and sky look overexposed.

Fstop 5.6, 1/1500
Overlook along the highway through the Kolekole Pass.
What I like: Again I like that I have a fore-, mid-, and background here.
What I don't like: The picture is very grainy and overexposed on the right side of the sky. I also wish the colors were richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment