Swampy Bridges

Remember when I said hopefully I'll have prettier trail captures on my next Chicot visit? Well, I didn't expect to be going back again so soon, but this past weekend we celebrated Shane's birthday with a camping trip to his favorite state park. You can see my first post from Chicot State Park here.

This time, while Shane was completing his 20-mile loop, I drove myself to the North Landing Trailhead and started my run from there. I actually did get to see several bridges on this run, but didn't quite make it to the most picturesque one, which I hear is at about mile 19; I made it just past mile 8. One day maybe I can start training like a beast and be able to see the whole park in one run!

Date of trip: Jan. 31 - Feb. 1, 2014


Fstop 4.0, 1/200
Less than a mile north of North Landing Trailhead

What I like: The scene of the bridge going into the trees. Also the random new boards that add contrast to the bridge.
What I don't like: Washed out sky and dead material in the foreground.

Fstop 4.0, 1/200
Bridge just before the part of the trail that winds around the lake levee

What I like: I like trees in the winter because you can see their branch structures. And I like moss hanging on dormant trees.
What I don't like: Too much gray, too many trees here. Washed out sky.

And there you have it. I probably won't have more Chicot pictures until my mileage is waaaay up, or in the spring time if we take a kayak out on the lake. I would LOVE to paddle the 8 miles of canoe trail here!

No comments:

Post a Comment